Dexaprine XR is diet pill designed with the hardened bodybuilder in mind.
Promised benefits include:
- Fat Burning
- Appetite suppression
- 7-8 hours of energy from 1 pill
- Mood enhancement
- Improved Mental Focus
However, Dexaprine XR may prove to be a little too hardcore for some users and although there are no restrictions on its distribution within the USA, and many other countries, the serious nature of the health risks the formulation can present has caused the product to be banned in the Netherlands and Britain. The pills are manufactured by iForce Nutrition, and the company is a former Bodybuilding.com Supplement Company of the Month, but they also have a history of producing products that contain questionable ingredients.
In 2010 the company issued a voluntary recall of one of its products after the FDA discovered the formulation contained an aromatase inhibitor that is not suitable for use as a supplement ingredient and can cause nasty side effects including decreased sperm production and inhibited bone growth. Dexaprine XR’s predecessor (Dexaprine) also presented issue. It contained the dangerous ingredient DMAA,and the present ban on Dexaprine XR in the Netherlands resulted from an investigation that revealed the product contains a “cocktail of synthetic stimulants”.
What is Dexaprine XR and How Does it Work?
Dexaprine XR appears to be designed to speed up the metabolism, and encourage the burning of body fat as an energy source, while also providing appetite suppression. If the promises of extra energy hold good, along with the alleged improved concentration, the formulation should help the target user group (bodybuilders) to give it their all in the gym.
Each capsule provides 645mg of a proprietary blend that contains three more proprietary blends:
- Dexaprine Tri-Phase Ignition System (645mg): Thermophoric Amine Mood Enhancement Complex, Extended Release Energy Complex, Alpha-2 Adrenergic Activation Complex
This combination of blends within a blend provides undisclosed amounts of the following six ingredients:
- Acacia Rigidula Extract (98%): A plant-based ingredient that is often touted as metabolism booster and fat burner. It has never been proven capable of achieving either of these things and use of the ingredient presents a number of concerns.
- Citrus Aurantium (30% active amines): A Scientific review of the data obtained from several studies suggests citrus aurantium has the ability to boost the metabolism and encourage thermogenic fat burning, but high doses can cause side effects so the lack of an inclusion rate is somewhat of an issue.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Caffeine is renowned as an energy provider and is equally valued for its ability to improve focus and concentration. Scientific study reveals caffeine also has the ability to support weight loss, so its presence here could serve several functions, but overly high doses can present problems so, the lack of inclusion rates continues to be an issue.
- Green Tea Extract (Standardized for Theophylline): Green tea is an incredibly popular diet pill ingredient and scientific research supports the claims made for its ability to increase thermogenesis. Green tea also contains numerous antioxidants that encourage good health and help fight the negative effects of free radical toxins.
- Rauwolfia Serpentina (Standardized for Rauwolscine): A plant derivative that contains an alkaloid that is used in some high blood pressure The reason for its inclusion here is hard to say, but potential users need to be aware the ingredient has been linked to unpleasant side effects, including depression and decreased libido.
- Isopropyloctopamine: a chemically altered version of octopamine that is an occasional ingredient in nootropic supplements and has the alleged ability to support fat burning.
Some customer reviews suggest Dexaprine XR has the ability to live up to the manufacturer’s claims. Others affirm the potentially dangerous nature of the product.
A few recent customer comments read:
Side Effects & Health Issues
The risk of side effects is considered so great the product has been banned in the UK and the Netherlands. Such bans are never applied without good reason, so potential customers are advised to think twice before ordering a supply of Dexaprine XR. Reported side effects include nausea, agitation, and racing heart. There is also one report of a cardiac arrest.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Dexaprine XR is no longer available via the manufacturer’s website and many independent distributors, including Bodybuilding.com, have discontinued sales. It is still possible to make a purchase via some of the lesser known online stores, including Best Price Nutrition and the Strong Supplement Shop, and the price typically ranges from $26 to $29 per (60 capsule) bottle.
Muscletronic is a highly effective supplements that is extremely popular in countries such as Australia, United States, Canada and the UK
Muscletronic is suitable for both men and women – it can be used as a fat burner or can be used a complete workout supplement. It is ideal for helping bodybuilders with improvement by giving additional mental focus.