Redux is a “natural weight management” supplement for women. It is made in the USA by Prime Nutrition and the company say use of the formulation can help people to lose weight without causing jitters or other side effects.
The main promised benefits are:
- Enhances fat metabolization
- Provides jitter-free energy
- Supports immune function
Although Redux belongs to Prime Nutrition’s Female Series, all of the ingredients used in the formulation can be found in plenty of weight loss products that are used my men and women alike, so it is hard to see why Redux should be considered a gender specific weight loss aid.
What is Redux and How Does it Work?
Redux appears to be first and foremost a fat burner. So if the capsules work in the desired manner their use will encourage the body to begin burning its stores of fat and using them as energy. The formulation is also contains stimulants to further boost energy levels. This may prevent the feelings of fatigue that are sometimes caused by low calorie dieting techniques. It could also give people some extra go during periods of exercise. The claim that the product supports immune function can probably be supported by the presence of green tea because it is a good source of health-enhancing antioxidants.
Three Redux capsules provide 2.35g of a proprietary blend.
The active ingredients are:
- L-Carnitine L-Tartrate: A form of carnitine (amino acid) that can help the body to oxidise fat and burn it as fuel. Supplementation with L Carnitine L Tartrate may also help boost physical performance.
- White Willow Bark: An ingredient that provides a natural pain killer called salicin. Prime nutrition state its presence will help reduce headaches and prevent joint and muscle discomfort. Anyone who is exercising regularly may appreciate such benefits, but good results will be dependant on an adequate inclusion rate.
- Bearberry: The marketing material states bearberry has the ability to treat bladder and kidney infections and other urinary tract disorders. It also states it can prevent constipation. We are unsure why Prime Nutrition consider these to be appropriate benefits for a diet pill.
- Guarana: A fruit derived ingredient that is high in caffeine. The difference between guarana and other caffeine-providing ingredients is the speed at which the caffeine is released. Most caffeine sources, caffeine anhydrous for example, are fast acting and good for delivering a quick energy boost. Guarana releases its caffeine content more slowly, so the effects are longer lasting and there is less likelihood of jitters and other caffeine-related side effects.
- Hoodia: A cactus extract that has a long history of use as an appetite suppressant. If the inclusion rate is sufficient its presence here may help capsule users to avoid the desire to overeat or snack between meals.
- Yerba Mate: A plant extract that is believed to be useful for stimulating the central nervous system and boosting the metabolism. Yerba mate is also deemed capable of reducing lactic acid build-up within the muscles. This may help users to workout longer and harder and attain better results during periods of exercise.
- Green Tea Extract: Green tea provides antioxidants that can encourage good health. It is also a proven metabolism booster and fat burner.
Customer feedback is reasonably good.
A few average reviews read:
Side Effects & Health Issues
Prime Nutrition state Redux is unsuitable for women who are pregnant, nursing a child, or under 18 years of age. They also point out exceeding the stated dose can be “extremely hazardous” to the health.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Redux can be purchased from the Prime Nutrition website. A (90 capsule) bottle of pills costs USD$ 34.99 (AUS$ 49) and international shipping is extra. However it is also possible to buy Redux from eVitamins.com for the slightly more reasonable price of AUD$ 42.59.
Redux is sold without a money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
Although some of the ingredients used in the formulation should help encourage weight loss, customer feedback suggests Redux has more value and pre-workout energy provider. Any woman who tries to use it to further her dieting endeavours may be disappointed so, when it comes to weight loss, Redux does not appear to be a particularly viable option.
PhenQ is a highly recommended fat burner that can also help to block the intake of fat and also suppress appetite.
PhenQ is suitable for many uses – it is one of the most under-hyped products we have reviewed and arguably the most effective. It is available to buy direct and without prescription