Formerly marketed under the name Adderllin, Addrena is an American supplement designed to mimic the abilities of the drug Adderall.
Although the drug is available as a prescription medication in some countries of the world, the Therapeutic Goods Administration has not sanctioned its use in Australia.
In the countries where it is available, Adderall is often prescribed as a treatment for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). However, it’s performance enhancing abilities and value as a cognitive function enhancer and fat loss aid have caused it to become a highly desirable drug.
However, Adderall is a form of amphetamine, so it can be addictive.
What Kind of Benefits are Addrena Users Told to Expect?
Addrena is marketed as a fat loss pill that provides extra energy and focus.
The Ingredients and Their Potential
Inclusion rates are not provided, but the formulation contains the following key ingredients:
- Caffeine: A stimulant that boosts energy levels and increases mental focus. Caffeine is also a proven fat burner.
- Guarana: A berry extract that delivers a slow release of caffeine and is often added to energy drinks.
- Yohimbe Bark Extract: A libido-boosting ingredient of long standing reputation. Yohimbe is also a stimulant that can be good for boosting energy levels and is often claimed to be a natural fat burner.
- Bitter Orange (Citrus Aurantium): The synephrine provided by Bitter Orange has proven value as a fat burner, but its presence here adds another stimulant to the mix.
- White Willow Bark Extract: The salicin chemical provided by white willow bark is known to control pain in a similar way to aspirin.
- Choline Dihydrogen Citrate: An ingredient that is believed to boost choline levels sufficiently to improve attention and enhance memory function.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine: A powerful antioxidant that is believed to be especially beneficial for the brain and is often added to nootropic supplements.
- Bacopa Extract: Long-term use of Bacopa extract has been linked to improved mental abilities.
- Acetyl-L-Tyrosine: An ingredient that is believed to have value as an alertness booster, but a generous dose is needed.
- Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE): An ingredient that is often touted to be a memory enhancer. DMAE is also believed to be good for improving the mood, but further study is needed.
- Vinocetine: A synthetic ingredient that is considered to be a drug in some areas of the world. Vinocetine is believed to boost blood flow to the brain and improve cognitive abilities.
- Huperzine: A Club Moss extract that appears to have the potential as a treatment for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Vitamin B3: Also called niacin, this important nutrient helps support the metabolism and may lower cholesterol levels. Vitamin B3 can also boost human growth hormone production rates.
- Vitamin B12: Another metabolism-boosting B vitamin. Vitamin B12 is also important for DNA synthesis and red blood cell production.
- Piperine: A black pepper derivative that is known to help improve the absorption of other ingredients.
Addrena Customer Comments
A few average customer comments read:
Reported Side Effects and Other Health Considerations
Many customers claim to have experienced side effects. The most commonly reported ones are:
- Nausea / Vomiting
- Feeling strange
- Heart palpitations
- Sweaty palms
- Feelings of restlessness
- Stomach problems
- Cold sweats
The Best Place to Buy Addrena
You can only buy Addrena from addrena.com and a (60 tablet) bottle costs USD$ 39.99 (AUD$ 53.30).
A 30-day money back guarantee is available, but only if no more than 14 tablets have been used.
The Final Judgement
Addrena is not an overly expensive product, but the guarantee is a joke. The only people who would be able to evaluate the product for a full 30 days would be those taking half the recommended dose.
Some of the ingredients, such as caffeine, bitter orange, and yohimbe, may allow the formulation to provide some degree of fat burning (presuming a sufficient inclusion rate). The same ingredients may also provide the promised energy boost, but some people do not tolerate stimulants well.
This could explain why so many side effects have been reported. On a more positive note, the formulation contains several nootropic ingredients that may help provide the alleged improvements to mental focus, but anyone who wishes to lose weight would surely be far better off choosing a supplement designed solely to boost weight loss.
The formulation is likely to offer the most value as an energy provider and focus booster, but the fact that side effects appear to be so likely means anyone considering using Addrena would be wise to get their doctor’s approval first.
Recommended Similar Product
We recommend looking at PhenQ – it is a multi benefit product that focuses on weight loss through fat burning, fat blocking and appetite suppression.
PhenQ can also provide other benefits such as extra energy and an improved mood and mental focus.