Hydroxy Liquid Lean is a weight loss supplement for women. Although the name suggests it may belong to the popular HydroxyCut range of products, produced in Canada by MuscleTech/Iovate Health Sciences, this is far from being the case. Hydroxy Liquid Lean is produced in New South Wales by Vital Strength.
The company is one of the most popular supplement suppliers in Australia, but Hydroxy Liquid Lean is no longer listed on the official website so it is possible the product has been discontinued.
According to the sales material, Hydroxy Liquid Lean contains special ingredients that have been “proven to play an important role in the metabolism of fat to energy” and help “facilitate beta-oxidation of long chain fatty acids.”. Apart from that the main selling points appears to be a low caffeine content and the fact that the formulation has apparently been designed for women.
Having said that, the formulation does not contain anything that cannot be found in other supplements that are designed to work for men as well as women, so the female fat burner idea may be more to do with marketing tactics than the way the formulation is designed.
What is Hydroxy Liquid Lean and How Does it Work?
Information about how the formulation works is in limited supply, but the marketing material presented on some websites suggest its main value may be as a metabolism booster and fat burner. If the rate of the metabolism is increased the body burns calories faster than normal and this can be useful for creating a situation where the body becomes so lacking in calories it is forced to begin burning fat for energy. Fat burning supplements usually contains ingredients that can further encourage the likelihood that this will happen. Let’s take a look at the formulation and see what kind of ingredients Vital Strength have selected for their product.
Two Hydroxy Liquid Lean capsules provide:
- Hydroxycitrate Complex (150mg): An ingredient extracted from the Malabar tamarind. It is often credited with appetite suppressing abilities and appears to be able to disrupt the body’s ability to convert excess carbohydrates into fresh stores of fat.
- Camellia Sinensis Extract (500mg): A fancy name for green tea. Scientific study suggests supplementation with green tea can boost the metabolism and increase energy expenditure and fat burning over a 24-hour period.
- Salix Alba (250mg): White willow extract hiding behind its botanical name. Although white willow is often added to weight loss formulations its main value is as a natural pain killer because it contains an aspirin-like substance called salicin.
- Citrus Aurantium (1500mg): An ingredient extracted from the rind of a particular species of citrus fruit. The active component is a stimulant called synephrine that can be good for boosting energy levels and is also known to be an effective fat burner.
- Levocarnitine Fumarate (100mg): An ingredient that provides L-carnitine—a common inclusion in weight loss supplements because it aids the conversion of fat into energy.
- Chromium Pollinate (50mcg): Chromium used to be a poplar fat burning ingredient, but claims about its prowess in this regard have been proven to be untrue. However, the ingredient still has value as a weight loss provider because it can help balance blood sugar levels and prevent the desire to snack on sugary food.
- Capsicum Annuum (100mg): An ingredient that contains a compound called capaiscin that may have value as an appetite suppressant, but is generally more highly regarded for its thermogenic fat burning abilities.
- Gymnema Sylvestre (400mg): The results of some studies suggest gymnema sylvestre may have potential as a weight loss aid when it is used in conjunction with hydroxycitric acid and niacin-bound chromium.
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (12.5mg): An ingredient that provides Vitamin B6 (necessary for a healthy metabolism).
- D-Alpha-Tocopherol (2.5mg): This ingredient provides Vitamin E. It is unlikely to support weight loss, but the presence of Vitamin E should boost the immune system and encourage good health.
We were unable to find any customer feedback at the time of this review.
Side Effects & Health Issues
The manufacturer fails to state if side effects may be an issue, but the label points out the formulation is unsuitable for women who are pregnant or nursing a child or for anyone who is under 15-years of age. The label also suggests the product should be used under medical supervision.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
At the time of this review we were unable to locate the product on the manufacturer’s website and many online stores were displaying notices stating they were out of stock. This could suggest Vital Strength may have stopped manufacturing Hydroxy Liquid Lean. However, the Nutrition Warehouse price is AUS$ 47.95 for 90 capsules.
Hydroxy Liquid Lean does not appear to be backed by a money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
The ingredients used in Hydroxy Liquid Lean should be capable of encouraging weight loss, but there is nothing to suggest the supplement would work better for women than for men. The lack of customer feedback is an issue though and if the product has been discontinued it could be seen to suggest Vital Health do not consider it to be one of their more effective supplements.
If your ultimate goal is weight loss – then pure and simple we strongly recommend PhenQ. PhenQ doesn’t do hype, it also doesn’t do celebrity endorsement. What you get with PhenQ is a proper, effective diet product that can offer both men and women a serious opportunity to lose weight.
PhenQ is multi-benefit. It has many strings to it’s bow.