MuscleMeds Performance Technologies describes Phenbuterol as a maximum strength fat burning catalyst. That’s quite an impressive sounding term, but a catalyst is just something that initiates a reaction. All fat burning products are designed to do that. If it was not for the reaction their existence would be pointless.
The company also claims their product enhances the body’s abilities to burn brown adipose (fat) tissue thanks to “a new development in advanced fat burning technology through the activation of Uncoupling Protein 1 (UCP-1)” and trigger thermogenic fat burning. Once again, it’s just an attempt to blind the consumer with science.
Of course, one ingredient does not an effective blend make; other things have to be taken into account such as the inclusion rate and the amount and quality of the other blend constituents. Let’s take a look at that now.
Phenbuterol Key Ingredients
Each Phenbuterol capsule contains:
- Phenbuterol UCP-1 Fat Burning Catalyst (595mg)
Yes, it’s a proprietary blend, and proprietary blends are very useful for manufacturer’s who do not wish to disclose the inclusion rates for their main ingredients. The use of such a blend makes it impossible to predict how the formulation will perform, but let’s see if anything potentially useful—or dangerous—is included.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Caffeine powder. Benefits associated with caffeine include extra mental focus and increased energy, but the negative aspects of its use can include jitters, nausea, headaches, and heart palpitations.
- Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf Extract: Also known as yerba mate, Ilex paraguariensis is often touted as an effective fat burner, but there is a lack of scientific evidence to support such claims.
- Advantra Z: A legal alternative to Ephedrine, Advantra Z contains citrus alkaloids that can provide effective fat burning, but the ingredient also contains synephrine (linked to cardiovascular issues).
- Grains of Paradise (Aframomum Melegueta) Seed Extract: A member of the ginger family, the fat burning ability of Grains of Paradise is supported by a study carried out at Japan’s Tenshi College School of Nursing and Nutrition—later published in the British Journal of Nutrition. Nineteen male volunteers were involved. Some of them received a placebo, others were given aframomum melegueta seed extract. At the end of the study the researchers noted use of the extract resulted in significant increases in energy expenditure. A loss of brown adipose tissue was also recorded.
- Rauwolfia Serpentia Extract: Taken from a flowering plant, rauwolfia serpentia extract has shown some promise as a fat burner, but its use is also known to aggravate some medical conditions.
Phenbuterol Customer Feedback
Extensive online searches failed to turn up an adequate amount of customer feedback, but the little that could be found is surprisingly positive.
Phenbuterol Side Effects & Health Issues
Some of the ingredients are known to be problematic, and Advantra Z is of particular concern, so potential Phenbuterol users are advised to discuss the matter with their doctor prior to commencing supplementation.
All Phenbuterol purchases are protected by a money back guarantee, but MuscleMeds fails to state its duration.
Some of the ingredients used in Phenbuterol are known to help initiate the fat burning process, so the blend shows a certain amount of promise, but if the ingredients are not included in sufficient amounts product potential will be severely limited.
Without any inclusion rates to go by the next thing to look at would normally be customer feedback, but in the case of Phenbuterol there is not enough feedback available to provide an adequate insight into product performance. The possibility of side effects is also too worrying a factor to be ignored. Many alternative blends do not present such worries, and have abilities that are supported goodly amounts of feedback. Phenbuterol does not compare favorably with such products so we are unable to endorse its fat burning abilities or add it to our list of recommended products.
Where to Buy Phenbuterol
It is possible to buy Phenbuterol from the MuscleMeds website, but the company only ships to addresses located in the USA. The product is also available in many online stores though, so finding a supplier should not be difficult and choosing to buy from a third-party supplier often proves to be the most cost effective option. A box of 30 capsules costs $49.99 when purchased directly from MuscleMeds, but a little shopping around can secure savings of up to $20.
We would recommend Phen375 in the fat burning genre. Phen375 has been available to countries such as Australia, the United States and Canada since 2009 and arguable the most popular and best selling non-prescription fat burner.
Phen375 is formulated under strict international guidelines and also has an impeccable customer service department.