When it comes to keeping things simple Prime Nutrition have got it down to a T. Rather than seek out a fancy name for their fat burner they’ve called it Fat Burner.
Promised benefits include:
- Appetite control
- Increased metabolism
- Increased thermogenesis
Prime Nutrition Fat Burner is only available as a powder and has to be mixed with water and consumed as a drink. Although the powdered format and the way the product is presented suggest it is a sports supplement, as does the fact that it can be used as a pre-workout supplement, the words “weight loss support” printed on the front of the label make it appear as if Prime Nutrition consider the blend has more value as a weight loss provider.
What is Prime Nutrition Fat Burner and How Does it Work?
Prime Nutrition Fat Burner uses a blend of natural ingredients to boost the metabolism and encourage thermogenic fat burning. The blend also contains ingredients that should be able to assist people whose hunger pangs are spoiling their chances of succeeding with a low calorie diet.
When the metabolism is increased the body burns calories faster than normal, and that can only be a good thing because there is less likelihood of excess calories being stored as fat. Thermogenesis is a word that describes the process that causes the body to produce heat. When people exercise and work up a sweat that is thermogenesis in action. Whenever thermogenesis occurs the body is usually powering the process by using the energy it has stored as body fat. Some (thermogenic) fat burning ingredients have the ability to trigger this process even during times of rest.
Each 1.4g scoop of Prime Nutrition Fat Burner provides 475.1mg of a proprietary blend that supplies unspecified amounts of the following ingredients:
- Raspberry ketones: A popular weight loss ingredient that can be sourced from raspberries and certain other fruits and is also often synthesised in a lab. Supplementation with raspberry ketones is generally believed to provide a combination of appetite suppression and fat burning.
- Caffeine: An ingredient that can raise energy levels and has proven abilities both as a metabolism booster and a thermogenic fat burner.
- Yerba Mate: An ingredient that provides mild stimulation and increases the metabolic rate. Yerba mate also appears to have the ability to reduce food cravings and slow the gastric emptying process to help ensure the stomach feels fuller for longer.
- Glucomannan: A good appetite suppressing ingredient that is sourced from the roots of a plant. However a report published by health experts in Europe states glucomannan is only effective when taken as 3 x 1g doses per day alongside plenty of water.
- Garcinia Cambogia: An ingredient taken from the rind of a tropical fruit. The active component hydroxycitric acid appears to be capable of discouraging the body from adding to its stores of fat.
- T2: A thyroid hormone derivative that is necessary for an efficient metabolism.
Prime Nutrition Fat Burner Customer Feedback
Customer reviews are in limited supply and although the product appears to have some potential it could not be said to have set the world alight.
A few average testimonials read:
Prime Nutrition Fat Burner Side Effects & Health Issues
Prime Nutrition states Fat Burner is not intended for people who are under 18-years of age or for pregnant or nursing women. They also state the product should only be used under medical or dietetic supervision. Hopefully this is only a cover their ass statement, but it still raises questions about why Prime Nutrition may see the need add such a warning to the label.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Prime Nutrition Fat Burner is available in a choice of peach or pineapple flavour. Each (63g) tub provides 45 servings. Although it is possible to purchase directly from the Prime Nutrition website at a price of USD$ 27.99 (AUS$ 39) per tub the shipping costs may mean this is not the cheapest option. Several Australian suppliers stock the product, including SpartanSuppz and Australian Sports Nutrition, and the price usually ranges from AUS$ 39 to AUS$ 49.
Prime Nutrition does not appear to offer customers a money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
Although the formulation of ingredients used in Prime Nutrition Fat Burner is not without potential, customer feedback does not suggest an extremely effective product. This may indicate the inclusion rates for some of the ingredients may be too low, but we have no way of checking this because the weights and ratios are not supplied. Prime Nutrition Fat Burner is unlikely to be a total waste of money, but the lack of a money back guarantee means any customer who is disappointed by the product will have to chalk it up to experience and wave their money goodbye.
What We Recommend
One the success stories in recent years is PhenQ – a multi action weight loss product that offers its users multiple benefits. If it’s a fat burner you want then PhenQ is arguably the best of breed. If you want to stop the stop the absorption of dietary fat from your food then PhenQ is highly recommended. If you want an appetite suppressant then there is none better.