Leptigen is a weight management product produced in the USA and marketed worldwide via the official product website. The manufacturer claims use of the capsules can deliver safe and effective weight loss and help the user to discover what they can achieve.
At first glance one of the most impressive things about Leptigen appears to be the clinical study that is used to support the weight loss-providing abilities of the main ingredient—a proprietary blend called Meratrim.
The study was conducted at the University of California and the volunteers involved lost weight, but all of them adhered to a restricted diet that provided just 2,000 calories per day. They also exercised for 30 minutes, five days a week.
The average woman would need 2,000 calories per day to maintain her present weight. The average man would need at least 2,500. Simple maths suggests the combination of diet and exercise used in the study would be enough to create a calorie deficit, sufficient to trigger fat burning, without the need for supplementation. When you are armed with this knowledge the study loses much of its shine, but the Leptigen formulation also contains a few other ingredients, including green tea; so it is not solely reliant on Meratrim.
What Are The Leptigen Benefits
- Boosts the metabolism
- Supports accelerated fat loss
- Diminishes weight-loss plateaus
- Provides optimum weight control by controlling blood sugar levels
What Is In the Formula
Each Leptigen capsule provides:
- Meratrim (400mg): A proprietary blend of sphaeranthus indicus (East Indian Globe Thistle) and G. mangostana (mangosteen). Meratrim benefited from a boost in popularity after the American TV personality/weight loss guru, Dr Oz, extoled its virtues during one of his shows. He also conducted his own study, involving 30 women selected from his studio audience. The women were told to restrict their calorie intakes to just 200 cals per day and take a 30-minute walk, five days per week. After 3 weeks the average weight loss was 3 pounds, but, as with the study mentioned earlier in this Leptigen review, with such a combination of diet and exercise, weight loss was inevitable.
- Green Tea Extract (200mg): A highly respected weight loss providing-ingredient that is a good for the health as it is for the waistline. Green tea is crammed full of antioxidants that can purge the body of free radicals and provide protection against disease. Its popularity as a weight loss ingredient stems from its proven ability to increase energy expenditure and fat oxidation.
- Chromium: (100mcg): Does chromium work for weight loss? It’s popularity as a supplement ingredient could be seen to suggest that it does, and studies conducted in the 1950s certainly suggest chromium may have fat burning potential (on rodents anyway). The results garnered from more recent studies are not so supportive [Chromium studies: 2007, 2010, 2013], so the value of chromium as a weight loss-provider is highly debatable.
- Natural Caffeine USP (75mg): Apart from being excellent for boosting energy levels and helping to focus the mind, caffeine also offers proven weight loss benefits. The data obtained from one study, conducted in 1980, suggests caffeine can speed up the metabolism and increase calorie burning. However the data further suggests the amount of fat oxidised by normal-weight people is likely to be higher than that oxidised by overweight individuals.
Leptigen Customer Feedback
The official product website provides several “real success stories” that suggest the product can provide side effect-free weight loss, but the validity of the comments is impossible to check and a small-print disclaimer at the bottom of the page admits “results are not typical”. Independent reviews would provide a more accurate insight, but the only other testimonials available online come courtesy of affiliate-run websites and may be similarly biased.
Does Leptigen Cause Side Effects
The FAQ’s page on the Leptigen website states some users may experience an increased heart rate or mild headaches. Supplementation should be ceased if this occurs. The page also states Leptigen is unsuitable for pregnant or nursing mothers and individuals who are under 18 years of age. People who have existing health problems, and people who use medication, are advised to seek a doctor’s advice prior to commencing supplementation.
Is There A Guarantee
The order page states Leptigen is backed by a 120-day “iron clad money back guarantee”, but customers who need to test its mettle may find things are not as straightforward as it seems. The Leptigen website’s returns policy page states “we cannot accept returns on overly used products”.
Where To Buy Leptigen
Leptigen is only available from the Leptigen website. Each bottle contains a 30-day supply of pills and retails at $109.95. Customers who order two bottles of Leptigen receive a discount of $10. Customers who order three bottles make a saving of $20 per bottle.
Is Leptigen Worth Buying
As we have stated above there is nothing ultimately wrong with Leptigen – the feeling is that this would be a compromise compared to what is currently available elsewhere.