Active PK is a weight loss produced in California by LCR Health.
It comes in capsule format and is distributed worldwide via the company website.
Active PK is designed to work in a somewhat unusual way. Unlike the majority of diet pills, it’s not credited with metabolism boosting or thermogenic fat burning abilities etc.
Instead, LCR Health claim the formulation is capable of manipulating an enzyme called AMPK and encouraging it to instruct the body to burn extra calories for energy instead of storing them as fat in the normal way.
The company provides no proof to support this claim. Nor does it offer any explanation as to how this is likely to be achieved or which of the three ingredients are supposed to work on AMPK.
People who buy Active PK are promised a number of benefits:
- Improved thinking capabilities
- Increased energy levels
- Reduced fatigue
- Controlled cravings
- Burn abdominal fat
- Get a stronger and healthier body
Active PK Ingredients
Two Active PK capsules provide:
- Gynostemma Pentaphyllum leaf extract (450mg): Research shows gynostemma pentaphyllum can be used for treating diabetes if the leaves are used to make a tea. In theory, its ability to control insulin levels may help prevent the sudden elevations in blood sugar that often follow a meal and can trigger a desire for sweet food. However, a 450mg dose may not be high enough to deliver good results.
- Berberine HCI (100mg): An ingredient that can be taken from a number of plants including tree turmeric and barberries. Clinical trials carried out in China prove berberine is a valid treatment for congestive heart failure, but it’s probably been added here because it appears to be capable of helping prevent sudden changes in blood sugar levels.
- Quercetin dihydrate (100mg): A polyphenol that can be obtained from certain vegetables, fruits, and grains. It’s not usually credited with weight loss enhancing abilities, but quercetin dihydrate is an antioxidant and antioxidants are good for purging the body of toxins and helping ensure good health.
Active PK Customer Reviews
Some randomly selected customer reviews read:
Active PK Side Effects & Health Warnings
The Active PK marketing material fails to state is any usage restrictions or special considerations apply. Nor does it mention if side effects are likely to be encountered, but the product will not be suitable for women who are pregnant or nursing a child.
People who have existing health problems should ask a doctor for advice before using Active PK or any other form of dietary supplement.
Anyone who is using medication or planning on using Active PK alongside one or more other supplements would also be wise to seek medical approval before supplementation is commenced.
Active PK Buying Options
Active PK is exclusive to the manufacturer’s website and 60-capsule bottle has a price tag of $46.99 and should be good for 30 days if the pills are used in the recommended way.
A 90-day money back guarantee is offered.
The Final Judgment
Two of the ingredients used in the formulation may exert a positive influence on insulin and blood sugar levels.
That being the case, it’s possible use of this product may help prevent cravings for sugary food.
However, any diet pill capable of providing across the board appetite suppression would surely prove to be of more benefit to people seeking weight loss because hunger cravings are one of the biggest hurdles dieters need to overcome.
They are also one of the main reasons so many dieters call it a day and return to their previous unhealthy eating habits.
The biggest claim made for Active PK is that is will influence AMPK in a way that will ensure the body burns more calories instead of storing them as fat.
This is a claim that cannot be supported by scientific proof and customer reviews suggest the product does not work for many users and only offers limited weight loss for others.
LCR Health appears to be a reputable company, and the 90-day money back guarantee is very generous, but Active PK does not compare well with today’s leading weight loss products, all of which are designed to offer dieters a greater level of support and have better customer reviews.
Active PK is first and foremost a diet product – it does though, touch upon it’s ability to improve your thinking capability, a cognitive enhancer in other words. Cognitive enhancers (or Nootropics) are very much in demand – read about them here
As for weight loss products we have complied a list of the most effective brands here