Plexus Slim Accelerator Plus is a diet pill distributed by a multi-level marketing company called Plexus Worldwide.
Plexus produces a number of other health and wellness products but, as is generally the case with MLM companies, the official website is also geared towards selling the Plexus business opportunity. People who sign-up as Plexus distributors are referred to as “ambassadors”. They have the right to market the product themselves and make a small profit. They also make a commission the sales made by the people they have introduced to the program and the people their “downline” introduce as well.
The promise of huge profits encourages distributors to market the products and opportunity very hard and, needless to say, none of them have a bad thing to say about any of the items distributed by the goose they are hoping will lay them a golden egg.
What is Plexus Accelerator Plus and How Does it Work?
Plexus Accelerator Plus is designed to be used alongside another of the company’s products called Plexus Slim; so all the promises made for the product concern its abilities when it is used in this way. If customers have to pay for two separate products it will mean increased profits for Plexus and their distributors, but it will not be purse-friendly for anyone who decides this is the way they want to go.
When used together, the two products can apparently:
- Help boost the metabolism
- Help burn fat more efficiently
Many competing products can do both these things and much more without the need to make a diet pill combo, so Plexus Accelerator Plus is not a particularly impressive product. However, if the two products can boost the metabolism the body will run out of calories faster and be forced to start burning fat as an alternative source of energy.
Let’s take a look under the hood and see what Plexus are using to power their formulation.
Plexus Accelerator Plus Ingredients
- Niacin (20mg)
- Vitamin B6 (30mg)
- Folic Acid (400mcg)
- Vitamin B12 (500mcg)
- Calcium (16mg)
- Chromium (150mcg)
The first four vitamins should help aid weight loss by supporting an efficient metabolism. Calcium is also a good inclusion because research conducted at the University of Tennessee shows a relationship between calcium and fat loss. Chromium is not without value either because it has the ability to help prevent the blood sugar spikes that may lead to cravings for sweet food.
The rest of the ingredients are incorporated into a proprietary blend:
- Yerba Mate: An ingredient taken from a shrub. It’s value as a weight loss provider is due to the fact that it provides caffeine, which has proven metabolism boosting abilities
- Higenamine Hydrochloride: A chemical compound that is naturally-occurring in many medicinal herbs. It’s credited with many abilities, but is unlikely to offer much value as a diet pill ingredient. Higenamine Hydrochloride is also a stimulant that can cause an increased heart rate.
- Hordenine Hydrochloride: Another stimulant. It may help to boost the metabolism, but hordenine hydrochloride is equally capable of raising the blood pressure and its use may lead to a false positive on drug tests.
- Hawthorn Berry Extract: An ingredient that can help improve the circulation and is sometimes used as a treatment for heart disease. It is not capable of supporting weight loss though.
- 5-HTP: A compound that may help boost serotonin levels. Elevating serotonin levels can improve the mood and may also help suppress the appetite.
- Green Tea Extract: A very good ingredient that has proven value as a fat burner.
Plexus Accelerator Plus Customer Feedback
Finding unbiased feedback is hard to do because there are so many product Ambassadors flooding the web with comments praising Plexus products. However, a few reviews placed by users who are not affiliated with the company read:[/plain]
A review that appears to have been placed by an ambassador reads:
Plexus Accelerator Plus Side Effects & Health Issues
Many past customers report experiencing side effects, so we strongly suggest all potential users seek medical guidance before using this product.
Reported side effects include:
- Dizzy spells
- Upset stomach
- Heart palpitations
- Elevated blood pressure
Where To Buy Plexus Accelerator Plus
It is possible to make a retail purchase from the Plexus Worldwide website and the price per bottle is $39.95 (£30.80). Customers who opt-in to the autoship program (not recommended) save around $10 (£7.70) per bottle. It is also possible to purchase via an ambassador, but the price varies from one ambassador’s site to the next.
Plexus Worldwide products are backed by a 60-day money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
The vitamins and minerals used in the Plexus Accelerator Plus formulation should help support weight loss, and green tea is a particularly good inclusion, but many people say they experienced side effects while using the product.
We think the capsules may very well have the ability to help people to lose weight, but other diet pills can achieve this aim too, and do so without causing side effects or requiring the support of an additional product. This one is more of an also ran than a serious contender, but the guarantee may be enough to encourage some dieters to give it a try.
Recommended Diet Pills
We recommend diet and weight loss products based on criteria such as efficacy, safety and value for money – we also take into consideration value for money.
We have listed our highest rated products in order, these are also based on customer on customer feedback.