Norcodrene is a fat burning diet pill produced in America by PEScience. The company also market a number of other products, all of which appear to be aimed at athletes and other users who are more “active” in their health and fitness goals.
PEScience state Norcodrene is their first stimulant based capsuled thermogenic and that statement offers further indication that the pills are more suitable for active users. People who only require a product that supports general weight loss rarely need the extra buzz stimulants provide.
Like all thermogenic fat burners, Norcodrene has been designed to raise the body’s core temperature by an amount that is sufficient to increase its calorie burning abilities. However, the product stands apart from the rest of the crowd because, although the formulation contains a few diet pill regulars, most of the ingredients will be unfamiliar to many users.
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
With the exception of caffeine, most of the ingredients are housed in proprietary blends, so it is impossible to accurately predict how well the pills may or may not perform.
Each (225mg) capsule provides:
TGR5a-Infused Matrix (Proprietary Blend)
- CirsiumPlex™ Blend (Cirsium Oligophyllum (whole plant) Extract: The results of one study suggest this plant extract can be extremely beneficial for overweight rats. How well it works for overweight humans remains to be seen.
- Japanese Thistle (root) Extract): Another plant-based ingredient that has shown potential in tests conducted on rats. It provides cirsimarin, which is believed to provide weight loss by stimulating lipolysis.
- Grapefruit (seed) Extract (Nomilean™): Grapefruit extract has a longstanding reputation for enhancing fat metabolism. The active ingredient is naringin, which is also known to enhance the effects of caffeine and make them longer-lasting.
- Selaginella Tamariscina (whole plant) Extract (Standardized for Amentoflavone): A herb that is often used in traditional Chinese remedies. Some studies suggest it may possess anti-inflammatory abilities, but it is not generally associated with weight loss.
Thermo Energy Matrix (Proprietary Blend)
- Yohimbe (bark) Extract (Standardized for Alkaloids)(SA2-A™): A tree extract that is believed to assist weight loss by providing improved lipolysis, yohimbe stands apart from most of the other ingredients because it is one of the few ingredients in the blend that is commonly used as a weight loss provider.
- Nelumbo Nucifera (seed) Extract (Standardized for Higenamine): A natural plant-based stimulant that is believed to improve athletic performance, but has not been specifically linked to weight loss.
Caffeine is a common inclusion in weight loss supplements because it provides appetite suppression, speeds the metabolism, and encourages fat burning. Its powers as a stimulant also make it a popular ingredient in sports supplements. The amount included here is equivalent to that provided by a standard cup of coffee, but the effects may be boosted by the presence of naringin in the blend (if it’s included in sufficient quantity).
How to Take Norcodrene
New users are advised to take no more than two capsules per day. The first capsule should be taken on an empty stomach, 30-45 minutes before breakfast. The second capsule is taken 5 to 6 hours later.
If no tolerance issues are experienced the morning dosage can be increased to 2 capsules, but the second dose of the day continues to be just one capsule and the manufacturers warn against exceeding 3 capsules in any 24-hour period.
A 4 weak break from supplementation is required after each 8-week period of usage.
A few customers are not impressed with the product, but on the whole the overall response to the product is reasonably well received.
Two negative testimonials read:
Two positive reviews read:
Side Effects, Health Issues & Supplementary Information
The manufactures state the capsules should not be used alongside other caffeine providers (including tea, coffee and soda) or any form of stimulant. Alcohol must be avoided and the capsules are not compatible with medications. Further warnings are made about not using Norcodrene under “extreme conditions” such as dehydration, sleep deprivation or heat. In fact, such a long list of warnings are provided we recommend all potential users seek medical advice prior to incorporating Norcodrene into their weight management routines.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Each bottle contains 90 capsules and costs $49.99 when purchased from the PEScience website. It is also possible to purchase the product from Amazon, and the pills are stocked by a number of other online suppliers including eVitamims and the Vitamin Shoppe.
Customers who purchase via the manufacturer’s websites are provided with a “100% money back guarantee”, but its duration is not specified.
We recommend Phen375 in the male fat burning category. Phen375 is formulated in FDA registered facilities and offers users a fat burning and appetite suppressing experience.
Phen375 has been available since 2009 and it is its longevity that really sets it apart from its competitors.