360 Lean is a sports supplement manufactured in the US by 360Cut. The company produces a number of other products and, like 360 Lean, all of them are designed to meet the needs of people who train regularly and are engaged in more active lifestyles than the average man or woman in the street.
Some of 360Cut’s products are designed to work as pre-workout supplements, others have been developed to encourage enhanced muscle growth, but 360 Lean is intended to be used as a fat burner.
This is a fact that will no doubt bring it to the attention of many less active individuals who are looking for a way to kick their expanding waistlines into touch or banish their bingo wings. But 360 Lean contains a lot of stimulants, and those who lead more sedentary lives are unlikely to need the extra push the stimulants will provide.
The main promised benefits are:
- Optimizes fat burning performance
- Improves exercise endurance
- Improves energy production
- Promotes better mental focus, memory, and mood
360 Lean: The Pros and Cons
|360 Lean Pros||360 Lean Cons|
Two 360 Lean capsules contain:
- Glucuronolactone (700 mg): Often found in energy drinks, including Red Bull, glucuronolactone’s main potential is as a stimulant. It will undoubtedly provide some extra get-up-and-go and may also contribute towards some of the promised mental focus.
- Sulbutiamine (500 mg): An ingredient derived from thiamine, sulbutiamine is often used as an energy booster. In one study a group of volunteers, who were being treated for diseases, and reported symptoms of fatigue, were given 400mg of sulbutiamine each day, alongside their normal medication, for 15 days. According to the information provided by the volunteers, supplementation with sulbutiamine banished all feelings of fatigue.
- Caffeine (280 mg): The stimulatory effect of caffeine is well known, and the dose here is the equivalent of three cups of coffee. That should be enough to add some pep to anyone’s day, and there is some evidence that caffeine may also boost the metabolism, but some people do not tolerate caffeine well, so side effects such as the jitters may be an issue for some users.
- Theobromine (50 mg): A cocoa bean derivative. Although it is probably used here as a stimulant, some studies show it can also enhance training sessions by widening the blood vessels (vasodilation) to allow the muscles an increased supply of nutrients and oxygen.
- White Willow Bark Extract (50 mg): The active ingredient is a compound called salicin. Some studies suggest a combination of either salicin and kola nut or salicin and ephedra can provide fat burning, but when the other ingredients are not present (as is the case here), its potential as a fat burner is unknown.
- 7-Keto DHEA (25 mg): Some studies suggest 7-Keto DHEA can boost fat burning when used as part of an overall weight management program, but it’s abilities in this regard require further study.
- Bioperine (5 mg): A form of black pepper extract that provides an alkaloid called piperine that has been proven to enhance the metabolism and provide fat burning.
- Cayenne Pepper Fruit Extract (5 mg): A natural fat burner with proven abilities. Some studies show cayenne can increase calorie expenditure by up to 12 times and inhibit the growth of fresh fat cells.
- Yohimbine (2 mg): A stimulant that is often used as a fat burner and also has a strong reputation as a muscle builder. Side effects are possible, but the inclusion rate here is probably too low to be an issue.
- Whole Plant Toothed Clubmoss Herb Extract (40mcg): A natural source of huperzine that is believed to stimulate enhanced cognitive abilities.
Independent feedback is available and, although a minority of customers report side effects, while other state the capsules do not work, the vast majority of users rate the product highly.
Side Effects & Health Considerations
Due to the number of stimulants used in this product, the manufacturers warn it is unsuitable for under 18s or pregnant/breastfeeding mothers. People who are taking medications or other supplements are advised to consult a doctor before using 360 Lean. People with existing health issues should be equally cautious and the product must not be used with other stimulants.
Where to Buy 360 Lean
360 Lean can be purchased from a number of online retailers, but customers in the UK, Australia and Canada may find the easiest option is buying via the Amazon marketplace.