DFT Duo is a weight loss product produced in the US by Le-Vel and sold under the Thrive brand name. Le-Vel claim it’s the “most innovative health and wellness product”, but its basically just a skin patch that is intended to help people to lose weight.
The ingredients provided by skin patches retain more potency because skin absorption allows them to enter the blood in a more direct manner than pill-type supplements.
Many supplement manufacturing companies offer diet patches that contain natural ingredients, so Thrive DFT Duo is not as innovative as Le-Vel make it sound.
The only thing that makes it a little different from other patches is two patches have to be used in unison. That’s why it’s called “Duo”, but the benefits of using two patches instead of one is not explained and you can be forgiven if you decide it’s only a gimmick.
Thrive Patch Promised Benefits
- Supports lipid metabolism
- Provides appetite support
- Delivers all day weight management
According to the company website, Le-Vel is “said to be the world leader in human nutrition technologies”, but we are guessing they are the ones doing the saying because prior to doing our research for this review we’d never heard of them.
As far as hype goes they could have a shot at being a world leader, but that’s not surprising. Le-Vel is a multi-level marketing company and businesses of this type need a lot of hype because they sell their wares by recruiting distributors to do a lot of the work for them.
Le-Vel distributors are called “promoters” and, as is the case with MLM, promoters who recruit more promoters get paid extra money based on the amount of sales their recruits make and also on the sales made by the rest of their downline.
How to Use – The active ingredients have to be absorbed through the skin before they can enter the blood and be transported around the body, so it is important the patches be applied to skin that has been freshly cleaned and dried.
Two patches are used together and have to be applied to different side of the body. The recommended areas are the biceps, inner arms, shoulder and upper buttocks. The patches are removed after 24-hours and replaced with fresh ones. It is important not to apply the patches to the same area for two days in a row.
Thrive DFT Duo provides undisclosed quantities of:
- Green Tea: A healthy ingredient that is rich in antioxidants and has proven fat burning abilities.
- Guarana: A berry extract that is often added to energy drinks because it’s high in caffeine. Guarana is also a diet pill regular because caffeine is a proven fat burner.
- Chlorogenic Acid (Green Coffee): The chlorogenic acid provided by green coffee beans is generally praised for its fat burning ability, but it can also assist weight loss by slowing the absorption of dietary fat.
- Forslean: A patent-protected coleus forskohlii extract. It’s value as a weight loss provider can be supported by at least three clinical trials.
- Satiereal: A proprietary blend of saffron. The manufacturer says it “may” suppress the appetite and have a positive effect on the emotions.
- White Willow Bark: Although it has little to offer here, white willow bark contains an aspirin alternative called salicin.
- Beta Hydroxybutyrate: A molecule that helps the body produce energy if glucose is in short supply.
- Cosmoperine: A patent-protected black pepper extract that has been added to aid ingredient absorption.
- CoQ10: A vitamin-like compound that can boost energy levels. CoQ10 is found in many foods and supplementation is rarely needed.
- L-Arginine: A versatile amino acid that is used in supplements of all kinds. L-Arginine is a vasodilator that can improve the circulation and help the muscles and important organs get an increased amount of nutrients.
- Aloe Vera: Some evidence suggests aloe vera might help lower blood sugar levels.
- Limonene: An ingredient extracted from a citrus fruit. It is alleged to support weight loss, but there is no proof that it works.
DFT DUO Customer Testimonials
Customer reviews are mostly good, but most of them appear to have been written by Thrive promoters.
Less biased feedback is harder to find and suggests side effects can be a problem. One YouTuber, who used the patches in conjunction with two recommended companion products felt so ill she had to stop using them after only a few days and stresses the fact that she did not feel any less hungry.
As is the norm with MLM products, a number of of Le-Vel promoters rushed to Thrive’s defense, stating she had not used the products for long enough. Ignoring the side effects would have been a foolhardy thing to do and most good diet patches provide appetite suppression from day one.
Side Effects & Product Suitability
Several customers report experiencing side effects, including loss of energy and excess sweating, so we suggest all potential users get their doctor’s approval prior to using the patches.
If a Le-Vel promoter has already given you the necessary log-in details you can log-in to the company website and buy Thrive products from the online store. If you have not been in contact with a promoter you will need to visit the Le-Vel Facebook page, state your interest, and wait for a promoter to contact you.
The cost of the product is a secret that is only disclosed to logged-in users, but products distributed via MLM tend to be expensive.
Customers who wish to ask for their money back have 30-day to do so, starting from the date the order was placed. If the product has not been opened a 90% refund is offered. If it has been opened and “partially used” the amount of the refund is reduced to 50%.
Although the patches provide some good weight loss ingredients, like green tea, there are a lot of ingredients that are unlikely to offer much value and the weights and ratios are not disclosed.
Some customers say they experienced side effects that were bad enough to stop them using the product.
That’s not good and the money back guarantee that accompanies this product is joke in comparison to the no-strings attached 60-day guarantee offered by Bauer Nutrition and other market leading diet pill manufacturers.
We are not saying you won’t lose weight with DFT Duo, but all of the top-selling diet pills and patches have have a lot more to offer and we are guessing they will be cheaper to use as well.
Recommended Diet Pills
We recommend diet products based on several criterium – first and foremost is the effectiveness (or efficacy) of the product followed by how past customers perceive the product.
We also look at its cost and safety features. We have gathered a list of best diet products compiled over the last several years and ordered them.